Thursday, August 16, 2012

Custard bun & Egg Tarts from Room Eighteen

Room Eighteen is a restaurant under the management of Tai Thong Group which sells a variety of Hong Kong cuisines and dim sums. Today, I packed their famous custard buns and egg tarts home to eat as my supper.
Food Photo
GoodGreat!
Custard bun (RM 5.80)
One set of custard buns consisted of 3 medium sized soft buns.
Food Photo
GoodGreat!
The custard buns' fillings consisted of a paste made from egg yolk and sweet custard. Remember to eat the buns when they are hot as the fillings will flow out from the bun and melts in the mouth. Super creamy and rich in egg yolk taste. One bun is never enough for me, thus I ate all three in one go. Extremely full after consuming all the buns.
Food Photo
GoodGreat!
Food Photo
GoodGreat!
Crispy egg tart (RM 4.30)
One set of egg tart consisted of two egg tarts.
Food Photo
GoodGreat!
The pastry is quite flaky and crispy but I don't really like the pastry because I find it a bit thick.
Food Photo
GoodGreat!
The egg custard is soft, smooth and runny and melts in the mouth. And the best part is the egg custard is not really sweet, just right for me.....Yummy yummy....
Total damage including 6 % tax = RM 10.70

Location:
G-35, Ground Floor, Tropicana City Mall, No. 3, Jalan SS20/27, 47400 Petaling Jaya

Tel: 03-77288128

No comments:

Post a Comment