Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dinner @ Ishin Japanese Dining Restaurant

This is my first time trying out the food at Ishin Japanese Dining Restaurant @ Old Klang Road. I was there to celebrate my friend's bday. This is the most expensive Japanese meal I had, but the food there is worth the price I paid for. Ishin is actually a fine dining Japanese restaurant that serves genuine Japanese and Kaiseki style cuisines.

The dining area


The area where chefs prepare food
 




Free appetizer....I think is a type of seaweed...I like the slight crunchy txture of the appetizer
 
 

Ocha (RM 3 per person)
 

Following are the food that we ordered that night. Guess what, Ishin's menu comes in the form of an iPad menu. According to them, Ishin is the first Japanese restaurant in Malaysia to present its menu using the iPad. Nevertheless, orders are still taken using the traditional pen and paper by Ishin's
staffs.


Special House Maki (RM 28.00)
 

Sushi Tempura Zen (RM 42.00)
 The set consisted of mixed tempura, assorted sushi, miso soup, chawan mushi and fruits......

 

The tempura section consisted of prawn tempura and vegetables tempura.....


The assorted sushi section consisted of salmon sushi, ebi sushi, tuna sushi, yellowtail sushi and butter fish sushi......The ingredients used were all very fresh....thumbs up.............


Miso soup....quite tasty but on the salty side........
 


Chawan mushi....


3 Taste Mini Chawan Mushi (RM 14.00)
 The 3 taste chawan mushi consisted of uni (sea urchin) chawan, ebiko chawan and another chawan is the black fish roe chawan (I am not sure what it is called, is it caviar???)

 

The uni chawan....I loved the taste of the uni...tasted like crab roe but stronger flavor......Actually the reason I ordered the 3 taste chawan mushi is because I want to know how sea urchin taste like.....hehe...
 
 

The ebiko chawan mushi....nothing much, just normal ebiko.......


The black fish roe chawan.....
 

Cute right? lol............
 

Total damage including 16 % tax = RM 104.40

Location:
Ishin Japanese Dining
202 Persiaran Kelang Lama Off 3 3/4,
Jalan Kelang Lama 58000 Kuala Lumpu.

Tel: 03-7980 8228

2 comments:

  1. Japanese Dining Restaurant is so beautiful.now many restaurant change their menu card paper to ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea...I think this way they can attract more customers

    ReplyDelete