Friday, August 21, 2009

[Raymond Lam's Blog] Special Partner

Yeah, now I’m filming this series (points at the sticker) “Shall we state the case”. You can probably tell by its name what the series is about, it talks about cases and romantic relationships. This time… let’s say I’ve known Ah Yi (Tavia Yeung) for eleven years now, in the same TVB acting class, the last time we portray a couple was “Twin of Brothers”. Is it still on? Yeah I think it still is. That was five years ago. So we’re working together again after so many years. I think we have very good chemistry because we’ve known each other for so long, understand each other, so this time working with her besides having mutual understanding there will also be new sparks. Actually this time our characters are quite different. I’m the….let’s just say the “upper class” person, and she’s more at the grass roots level. So putting these two characters together there’ll be many cute moments because our backgrounds are different, so there will be a lot of scientific effects (chemistry?).
.
Actually, this series is a huge new challenge for me because the scripts are big, need to remember long and difficult lines. Usually I can use my own methods to remember the script. But this time, I just have to study and learn it off by heart because I don’t know the physics terms. I studied business at school so I don’t know the science subjects. Also, I have to talk about a lot of physics theories so I just have to learn them. For me it’s a new challenge and so far it’s been ok.
.
Actually, sometimes when we’re working, especially when someone has really long lines, when they don’t remember, we’ll all remind each other. When I’m explaining the cases sometimes I’ll forget but no one reminds me because they say they don’t understand what I’m talking about either, since I’m talking about theories. So I have to rely on myself more, and just learn the lines.
.
Source: raymondlam.org
.

No comments:

Post a Comment