Saturday, July 4, 2009

Canton-i @ The Gardens, Mid Valley


Went to Canton-i at the Gardens with my mum today for lunch. We ordered only two sets of food there.


My Roast pork Belly with Char Siew Wanton Mee (RM 13)
I love both the roast pork and char siew because the roast pork belly was really crispy and not that salty as compared to the normal roast pork I had. While, the Char Siew was nice too where it was glazed with honey and the meat is tender. But, for those who are on the heavy side should avoid both the roast pork and char siew as they have lots of fats....lol...................As for the noodle, the noodles were quite springy. According to an article in the Star newspaper, their wanton noodles are flown in weekly, and they use gluten Canadian flour and quality eggs from Hong Kong so that their noodles have a luscious golden yellow colour with a firm and springy bite.


My mum's braised chicken with roast pork belly rice (RM 12.80)

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the food there. My only complain is that I waited for about half an hour for my food to arrive...sigh......


If I am not wrong, Canton-I is owned by the highly popular Dragon-I. However, different menu is served here such as noodles, rice, congee, dim sum items (fried, pan fried and steamed) and desserts. The front part of the restaurant is the open kitchen where you get to see the barbequed meats and the chefs cooking noodles. A small take away area for pastries is tucked at the side. For those who loved authentic Hong Kong food should try out Canton-i.


Canton-i is located at:
The Gardens, Mid Valley city,
LG-202 & 203A, Lower Ground Floor,
Lingakaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +6 03 2284 6888
.

No comments:

Post a Comment